Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax parent here. Hawks 28s are a great team. We saw that last summer in Hershey when we barely beat them, and then they gave us the business in DE before HOCO and then again yesterday. Continual improvement. Strong, well-coached kids with skills with unreal F/O and goalie-game. Congratulations to them.

Pretty aggressive commentary from ppl re 5th grade kids, coaches and parents. I honestly could give a rat's butt what the opposing coach(s), fans or kids say. Oh, the coach yells (show me one lax coach that doesn't), the parents are loud (again, show me that parent at a lax game who doesn't cheer), Madlax is expensive.......blah, blah, blah. Not sure why anybody on an opposing team would care. My guess is you are seeing what you want to see and should probably take a long gander in the mirror.

Re all the other banter from ppl who assume they know something about the 28s....they are essentially the same team (90% of the kids) since they were in clinics when they were 6/7. Thus, you have seen them for a long time. Re holdbacks. We have 1, and he's been on the team for a # of years. We also have a couple of 4th graders and several who just turned 11 who have been on the team since the beginning. There you have it. If you don't like the lacrosse rules of grad year vs. birth year then take it up with your club and stop using it as an excuse to make yourself feel better.

Looking forward to the playoffs, and if we lose we lose, but at least we knocked Next Level around because TBH, that's all we really care about anyway. Cheers!

Just reading through it, looks like some parents from Crabs or somebody else trolling, really. Not Madlax or hawks parents. Who knows though, it’s all anonymous. It’s actually nice to have several top teams and create some elite completion and parity. Playoffs should be great