Originally Posted by Anonymous
Were the Apex Youth games worth it this summer? Seemed like a lot of money for a weekend?

Any feedback from parents whose kids went?

Briefly, we know 3 kids who went. They had a great time, event was well run. Good skills tuneup and great competition. My son has been "invited" both times and what I struggle with is that 1) he plays good competition all year round, 2) he can get a good skills tuneup for a $40-50 small group session at any number of "clinics" in AA, HOCO, Harford Counties (or from FCL @ $100/hour ish) and 3) he's not leaving his current school until 9th grade so the idea of "getting seen" is kind of a joke.

Also, it's the last weekend of July which probably means tryouts for all but the top 5-6 clubs. How that will affect attendance, I don't know. Maybe it's designed to reduce local DMV attendance.

FCL flagship events are run really well and are about $200/day compared to $350/day for Apex. On the one hand I'm leaning against it on the value side, on the other hand we may do it just so I know if it's worth doing or avoiding in the future.

Other opinions welcome......