Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cavs said They weren’t playing elite from day zero. Hoco ignored them and put them in elite.

Lol why should the cavs organization and parents have PAID THEIR MONEY to do something they didn’t want to do?

Because hoco had an administrative failure?

I am not really sure HoCo (we're talking about pensioned county employees and their pensioned supervisors, lots of people who don't get paid OT and don't receive performance raises) agonized over the bracket assignment as much as we all would have hoped they would have. They are definitely not in the business of working the phone lines, trying to convince clubs to sign up to fill the best quality brackets for spring season. They have created a strong product (good fields and competent league management) and I imagine they kind of sit back and let the registrations happen.

Bear in mind, from their perspective, the #1 dominant purpose of the league is to deliver revenue to Hoco Parks. From their perspective, the purpose is to fill a bunch of 8-team brackets and run the games. No they don't want kids getting carried out in stretchers or losing by 20 every game. But they put less worry into it than the posts on this thread really indicate.

It would have been a STRONG statement by Cavs to play where they were assigned, as BLC did. But I understand why they didn't.