Originally Posted by Anonymous
Or maybe because Nationals' coaches approach players, not parents, and try to recruit them for their teams. I know it happened to several players on DMV teams while the players were coming off the field. The parents were weirded out by it. I can understand something like that happening at the HS level...but at 28 grad year? Come on. I have no idea about the legal issues or if this is the reason why they were booted, but it makes sense. I know many of the big clubs were tired of it. Not just ML and True, but Hawks, Legacy, etc. You add up all these clubs and u take a lot of the tournaments off the table. I'm sure it's killing the Nationals' bottom line. Sounds frivolous to me.

LOL this is indeed the reason they were booted. It is pretty likely that whatever the rules were for roster substitutions, they were broken. NOW.........

The problem is that other clubs, notably True, have a well documented history of juicing rosters during tournaments with all kinds of eligible and, cough, ineligible players (the idea that True is "tired of it" is hilarious). And if these accusations were known of other clubs at this tournament...........and those clubs weren't penalized, well now you have a discrimination case on your hands.