Originally Posted by Anonymous
Were any of the fly ins hold backs?

Please say yes, BOTC would need a new server.

Stop with the "on age" comment. That is not a badge of accomplishment in the lacrosse landscape. Kids flying in took spots from other kids, I doubt seriously that parents of the local kids would tell you that they are happy with it. Parents from other teams don't dislike the parents flying their kids in, its not about fly in parents or their kids. It is the fact that True the organization is making a mockery of building local talent. That should tell you about that organization, we are in one of the most lacrosse rich areas and they are flying in kids to compete because they have either wasted all the talent from the teams they purchased or they did not cultivate and acquire talent in this area.

I love the hypocrisy of this argument! So outraged over the IL fly-ins, but no issue with holdbacks.

The IL parents should have considered the feelings of the displaced kids? Do the holdback parents care about the feelings of the displaced kids on the younger teams?

True is making a mockery of building local talent and not developing players . . . meanwhile the business model for most elite clubs is holding kids back and drawing kids from adjacent states.

I don't really care about holdbacks or flyins, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the outrage . . .

You are making rationale comments on this forum.... BITC is going to boot you!!!!

Yup. Any parent who holds their child back for advantages in lacrosse is beyond pathetic. Imagine that the only way your child can dominate or stand out or make a good highlight video is by playing against kids that they have a distinct physical advantage over because they are older and deeper into puberty…thus stronger, faster, more muscular development, etc… I’m sorry in advance to all those parents out there who just read that and got a little sad or maybe a little embarrassed that they are taking advantage of the rules to capitalize on their child’s shortcomings and inability to play against children their own age or play up.

Last time I brought some thoughtful insightful reasoning to this absurd Maryland board a few days ago, I was told to “hit the wall Johnny” or some nonsense like that.
I must say it’s very fun to come on here once in a while and spit out truths we all know (even though some are in denial about it) and never be questioned in any way by anyone with any intelligence. Makes me feel superior. Much like a 14 year old playing against 12 year olds.

Your comments are not insightful...they are that of a whiny little baby! Until hold backs are deemed illegal and against the rules, they are going to happen. My son is not a hold back and I could care less. Rants about hold backs, which is allowed by lacrosse, just sound like crying![/quote]

I don't have a problem with the holdbacks myself but I have to comment on how fool the issue makes people on both sides. Go back and read this tiff from the start. A Next Level booster pointed out correctly that NL scored eleven goals in a one goal loss to FCA, which is the first time they have scored that many against a good team in a while. Then someone else couldn't resist chiming in that FCA has a bunch of former 2027's playing in 2028, like all elite 2028 teams do. Then someone else had to point out that NL has at least three holdbacks of their own. (I would guess they have more, but again, I don't care). And now people are writing long missives calling each other names like hammerhead and using words like pathetic over holdbacks - can't you people hold a discussion about anything without digressing into holdbacks? Seriously, if it bothers you that much, have your son play a sport that is based on age (soccer, hockey) or based on weight (wrestling, football) and not based on grade. At some point, you need to accept that you chose this sport and that is how it is.