Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is on a team in the AAA division. He said a couple DCE players got moved up to the Elite team a few games back. I’m not sure if they had guys move down or what. His team was happy to see those players moved up because they carried the team apparently. Last year the rumor was FCA moved guys down to AAA from Elite during the season. I don’t think that is fair and I don’t understand how it’s allowed.

My kid is on the DCE Orange team and no one was moved.

well that settles that beyond a doubt!

I do not think HOCO would allow it either, because of locking in rosters at the beginning of the season.

HoCo would allow it and has allowed it on a very regular basis, "case by case basis." Kind of talking about two different things:

1) Mid season roster changes - this is a case-by-case process in the league and the league can say yay or nay, but usually they say OK. For instance, every year after Hoco rosters are set, Team 91 coaches tell their lower level players that they are "practice squad" and won't be playing in Hoco. For each of the last 3 years, at least one 91 player has joined another Hoco roster, with the league's approval, after the league play has started. Ultimately, the league wants kids to play.

2) Using unrostered players: If the league says no, or if the coach just has the brass ones to say "we'll play whoever we want" (aka certain True Maryland coaches....including one True coach last week...who still got beat while cheating), then you have a situation where nobody ever knows who their actual opponent will be on game day. About 10% of the time, they get caught. The old Hoco rules were that the unrostered players had to leave the game (which I saw a True team have to do, in a playoff game...5 players unrostered....how'd you love to be those kids' parents? The new rule is that the team forfeits (thank you Ricky DB). At some point I guess RIcky and Co. got a little tired of being constantly disrespected by certain clubs and their tendency to play unrostered (and, ahem, no liability waiver signed) players.