Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to FCA player is indefensible. Hope he's ok. This should be a wakeup call for whole league. College and NFL has concussion personnel on sideline who can overrule a player going back in a game. Maybe HoCo needs parent volunteers to do same? Someone who understands the scoreboard isn't as important as a kid's brain health. That was not a close call and did not go unnoticed. Yet grownups saw what happened and put kid back in anyway. FCA coaches aren't only ones who make mistakes. But that type of blatant mistake should never happen again to any child and HoCo as a league and teams individually can do something about it: Make every coach go through mid-season concussion protocol training. Send concussion e mail out to parents leaguewide with link to online training. Don't just sweep it under rug.

I have been a rec coach for years and every year we are required to watch a training video on concussion protocol before we are allowed on the sidelines. Surely HoCo has the same requirements, but sadly there are too many meathead coaches like the FCA white haired guy who don't take it seriously. the obvious solution is to ban FCA from its final two games and playoffs. before you jump all over me for self-interest, my son is on one of the three teams (Hawks, Crabs, Team Money) whose playoff picture is set in stone. this would get the attention of all the coaches and let them know it is serious, way more than a video that nobody takes seriously. it is already going viral, so if HoCo is smart they will want to be known in the lacrosse community as part of the solution and not part of the problem. C'mon HoCo do the right thing!