Originally Posted by Anonymous
Saturday will tell the story for MadLax. If they win, they are a playoff team, if they lose they are an 0-3 team whose fly ins will probably stop coming.
You only have half of the equation. If they win, and if FCA beats DCE— they have a chance. But they’ll be 1-3 after next weekend should they upset NL this weekend. Would need to win out.

Greater likelihood is what someone else suggested. they go to 0-4 next Sat and the flyins stay home

Wait, is there still time to change team names for this HOCO season? Asking for a friend.

Haaaaaaaa. Burrito Supreme, Moniments, and Capital have already been used. Will need to get more imaginative.

So it looks like the playoff picture will come down to two games, MadLax vs. Next Level this Saturday, and Madlax vs DCE on the last day. One of those three will get the last playoff spot. I don't see a scenario where Crabs, Hawks, and FCA do not make the playoffs, nor do I see a path where 91 or Team Money do make it. I expect there will be movement among those teams this summer as teams get set for HS, so how those teams perform against each other is big. Madlax families buy your plane tickets and book your hotels!
The previous poster said it— IF DCE beats FCA, and that’s a big IF— they are in the 3-4 way mix for last two spots. Could easily be 3 teams at 4-3 for the final 2 spots. Will know a lot more after this weekend

And let’s be honest- while it’s fun to win HoCo, summer tournaments are far more important.