Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s the story with the 28’s in NY, and no they all don’t stink. 2028 is an extremely talented age group BUT all the best players are spread out between 6 or so teams. At some point you would imagine one team would draw them all, but most of the best travel kids play with their town teams friends on these 6 or so teams. Most teams didn’t make any moves this year due to coronavirus. so you would imagine whoever gets the best results this spring will get the biggest draw of talent. There is also 3-4 other teams that think that they are at the top.

Spot on analysis. Would love to see a team of the top kids from all of those teams.

Same thing happened/is happening in Maryland, I think Cutters (which was a solid team) got absorbed into Hawks, FCA got a bunch of Hoco Pink guys (also a good team), and Next Level and MadLax got some Bethesda players. Nature of the beast I guess.

I can't believe all these NY families are shuttling back and forth to DE/MD for like four weeks in a row, sounds like a giant PITA. Good luck to all this weekend.