Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why does anyone send their son to BL? It’s one of the most expensive schools in the area with one of the worst academic reputations. And if they’re going there to play sports, get ready to pay for an extra year because non holdbacks don’t see the field.

I went to Gilman and refused to allow my son to visit BL when we initially looked at schools for him. He went to another local private school and didn't have a good experience, then we looked at BL and ultimately sent him there. It has been a godsend for my son, and the school is night and day compared to what it was 25 years ago. I cannot say enough good things about the place. Also, aside from Jemicy maybe it's the best local school for kids with learning differences/disabilities.

Sounds like BL might be good for kids who don’t do well at other schools or have “learning differences/disabilities” and that’s great. But this is a lacrosse forum so I was talking about it’s value when chosen because of sports and academics, not for its special needs programs. If your son doesn’t need those programs, it’s foolish to pay that much for a substandard education just to POSSIBLY play at the most recent MIAA winner; look at their recent average SAT/ACT scores and college placement stats compared to the other local private schools.