Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Serious question though: why are the Hawks so good at every level? I know they have lots of parent coaches. What's the secret sauce?

No fancy social media. Haven’t changed uniforms in years. Practice at AACC’s crappy dirt fields. Somebody please enlighten us...

The club director is great, it starts there with culture. No bs but he knows my 11 y/o by name and doesn’t really ever coach the team so I’m not even sure how he knows him.

There may be parent coaches, but they aren’t all parent coaches. And the parent coaches all played at the places you might want your kid to play. Navy, Maryland (lots), UMass, Penn, UNC (at least 2) etc etc so it’s not like some random dad coaching.

The last thing is the most obvious, they work the kids hard. No secrets. THe 28s started as a B team with maybe 3 or 4 legit A players and a bunch of 29s. Over the years the kids there got better and new kids were added each year. Now they are pretty good. The 27s walked on field as the best team on day one in 3rd grade, it depends on the team I guess.

The did change the uniforms… the trim went from black to green one year LOL.