Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cannons, FCA White or Blue Claws will be moving up from AAA to take the Cav's spot.

Says who? I doubt this happens. However, Blue Claws (formerly known as Bel Air) would be the team that should go if that happens. They beat the Cannons and HLC at Summer Exposure last summer. They don’t seem to like to play up though. Never seen them challenge themselves and try to play in the top tier at tournaments.

You’ve never seen them challenge themselves? What, in the one year they went from rec to club?

Huh? Bel Air has been a club longer than a year. The 2028 team played in the last spring hoco league which was in 2019. Check their tournament records. They usually go undefeated in the tournaments they play in. They are not signing up to play against top competition. The name change is irrelevant to the discussion. It’s still the same program.

Bel Air has had club offerings for the past couple years. Mostly "Club-lite." They were very good for a rec-based team but never competed in the AA or AAA level.

So if it's the same, squad, I'd say that's a step up. I am familiar with the Bel Air teams. My kid's team played the Blue Claws this summer. Those teams have a few of the same kids, but definitely some new faces and different coaching staffs from a year ago.