Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is bored MD lax dad? Need some new rankings to give folks something else to yap about.

Also - looks like hoco fall league is here to stay.

Bored MD dad here. I don’t know if Naptown really shakes them up enough to warrant a new run of the the rankings. But here are my thoughts. Obviously, the Hawks continued to show that they were #1. FCA showed a little more weakness than expected, but the unexpected losses were to two national teams which are hard to gauge since their rosters can change so much week to week. Mooselax is maybe a little weaker than we thought. I don’t think we’ll have many good matchups prior to NLF other than potentially a Next Level v. Madlax game at Hershey, Madlax vs. Nationals at Platinum Cup, and the several northern teams playing in the Prime Time Tournament in Connecticut.

Tier 1
1. Hawks

Tier 2
2. Madlax - consistently strong results in HoCo and this summer against everyone but the Hawks. Have beaten all the HOCo teams other than Hawks, plus BBL, Express North, Legacy, and an underrated Mad Dog West team. No one other than Hawks can match that resume of wins.

Tier 3

3. 2way
4. Team 91 - could be in either order with 2way.
5. Next Level - really hard to rank NL. Such divergent results. Several strong wins this summer - Team 91, Freedom, etc. - and made the finals of three straight tournaments with pretty good fields. But what happened to them in HoCo? And should we consider at all the wins over Hawks and Madlax from the fall? I could definitely see a good argument they should be lower. Potential matchup with Madlax at Hershey could be interesting.
6. BBL - Very strong schedule this summer and lots of good wins. Probably more good wins than the three in this tier above them. But seem to struggle a little with the very best teams - losses to Madlax, Team 91, split with 2way.
7. FCA - Weird to have them below NL given that they beat NL twice, the last time in a blow out in HoCo. But this summer they haven’t really had many big wins. Long Island Express win at NAL might be their best win this summer? But I could see having them ahead of NL given the head to head record.
8. Express North - solid wins, maybe lack consistency.

(If we were including national teams, I’d include Mad Dog National and Nationals in this tier somewhere, but since the rosters seem to vary tournament to tournament not sure it makes sense to include them.)

Tier 4 - Slightly below the Tier 3 teams; way below Hawks and Madlax.

9. Freedom - Strong summer schedule, some solid wins, but losses to Next Level in 2 of 3, BBL, and Hawks.
10. True Annapolis - Haven’t played a ton this summer in terms of top teams. Some good results at NAL and a one goal game with Hawks. Beat NL in HoCo. Going to overlook the Blue Claws loss as an outlier.
11. Long Island Express - played a lot this summer. A lot of good wins and a lot of losses. Very inconsistent team, but one team I think others would want to avoid in the early rounds of tournaments because they have the athletes to be really good at some point.

Tier 5 - Reason to believe they are good, but something missing in their resume in terms of wins against top competition to put in one of the above tiers.

Crabs (other than the two wins against True, have there been any wins against top competition?), Mooselax, Legacy, Laxachusetts, 3D NE, 4 Leaf Army, Mad Dog West, 3D Gulf Coast.