Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do understand how pathetic it is if someone is held back in middle school to have an advantage in lacrosse. Those parents need to have their heads examined and their kid will likely amount to nothing in the short- and long-term.

I don't understand all the anger and hopelessness when discussing a summer birthday. So if my kid was born on August 20 he's a lost who was notIntelligent and had to be held back in kindergarten and is only good because he's a holdback? But if he's born 12 days later none of that is true?

Honestly, you guys need help.

You may be taking this a bit too personal!? Chill lax… The age topic is always going to cause a stir.

I believe people are talking more about actual holdbacks for Lacrosse / sports , than the earlier/later birthday scenario. 1 to 2 full years age and skills development in Junior High and HS can make a huge difference and give recruiting advantages. It’s the rules about this that are at fault.

If other people are doing it for their kids, and you see those kids getting the recruiting advantages? If you could, would you do it for yours to give them possible more opportunities for college recruitment?

Classic responses on this board. People are absolutely talking about kids "held back" in preschool and kindergarten. There has not been any mention of people holding their kid back this year. If you know someone doing that you should talk to them directly and not lump them into every kid born in the summer. There also isn't anyone on here pounding their chests about how awesome their holdback kid is. People are spouting off, calling kids too notIntelligent, and cheaters. Then there's a response calling those people out and using logic and the response if "whoo chill dude, nobody is doing that."

Give me a break.

The age topic is only causing a stir with insecure parents who are worried their kid won't be recruited and are bitter that some parents understood child development when their son was 3 and they didn't. They should have read those baby books.

Of course it also about people like you who want your child to have an advantage others dont get. Like all you holdback apologists, you try to lump " everyone is upset about my Kindergarten heldback child, How could poor poor me know, what his future was, I just did what is best " ... No one cares that you held your son back or any reason..You are the parent, do what you want. .No One cares..

What you want is to have some advantage over other young children in sports. These same children that have the same exact Birthday like your heldback in kindergarten prefirst player.

So let's be clear, I am as are most people calling you out, not for holding your child back, Frankly I dont even care if parents hold there child back in 8th grade ( its their right as a parent) .... What the problem is that you want to tilt the rules to favor your child over others. Really simple

The best is your earlier lame excuse.. Why do I want my child to be the youngest on age player, Poor guy is born in the summer, I will take advantage of grade based due to him being a prefirst or reclass) , of course you now are the oldest and somehow you think that is fair. LOL.. You come off as some privileged insecure individual to say, my child cant have any disadvantage, I am getting my advantage, who cares if the rest of children are left behind,