Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’ve seen every single 2028 elite team play this year. Not a SINGLE player, from size alone, stands out or looks much different. There are certainly some players, by ability, that stand out amongst the rest. Are they holdbacks? No idea. Hawks and Madlax kids come to mind. The biggest kids I’ve seen are NL’s goalie, and the big attackman from the Hawks. And I’m fairly sure both those kids are only 10/11.

I think you are proving the guys point - if your kid plays with younger kids - and still doesn’t stand out then....

But by in large I agree with you. Although Madlax has a kid who wears number forty something that is huge and looks like a teenager. No clue the age. Hawks definitely has a few.

holdbacks do influence the game, but not sure how much it matters in the grand scheme.

Parents of kids on age have a valid gripe. holdback are within the rules so what is there do really say?

The only thing I don’t get is what do the holdbacks in 5th grade do when the mass reclass happens in eighth grade? Do they drop back again and enter high school at 16?