Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just emphasizes the need to go to a birth year system.

No, it doesn't. With birth year you still have an up to 12 month difference in age so it doesn't help anything there, and with Sept 1 you get to play with kids mostly in your grade in school

So you think a 12 month system is unfair but a 16 month system is fine. Ok you’re clueless. Soccer has no trouble with it at all! The point is this kid born in Sept will be playing with what should be his correct age group, 2009’s not 2010’s. If he wants to play sports with kids his age his parents should have enrolled him in school with the other 2009’s.

I never said it was unfair, I said that measuring age range from Sept makes more sense than measuring it from Jan because it keeps kids roughly grouped by their class in school. My son is playing on age by either standard, but he definitely has more fun playing with his classmates.

If you think a four-month age difference in the competition is what's keeping your kid from being a superstar, you're deluding yourself.

It’s not a 4 month window it’s potentially a 16 month window. Do they teach math in Maryland?
Ok Einstein, there will always be a minimum of 12 in an age-based. Because NY chooses to start kids as of Dec 31st (clearly the donut brain in NY who came up with this date didn’t consider that the actual school year starts around Sept 1, and maybe that would be a better breakpoint??) means they’re 4 months behind and and virtually the rest of the country. Not 16. You really are thick.