Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HoCo should not punish FCA or ban them from playoffs. That is unfair to kids. FCA as an organization should take action, do the right thing, and hold their own coaches accountable in a way that sends a strong message to their entire program - kids, coaches, and families. I'm sure the big FCA kid who cross checked opponent's head to end game is a good kid. And no, his coach didn't tell him to that, but the FCA players got the message watching the old coach chirp. And the illegal hit got positive reinforcement from the bearded assistant coach in glasses who claps it up for the takeout hit to the opponent's head (1:33:50). That's nothing to cheer about. Would he clap if one of his kids was hit in the head like that? All these players are impressionable children with developing brains and they need better leadership from grownups. FCA coaches should reflect on what they did, why they did it, and how it should never happen again. Good people can make bad decisions. But there needs to be real accountability or there won't be any real change. And hopefully the FCA kid is ok, that is far more important than any silly game or playoff.

Just watched the video, did any of the coaches even tend to the poor kid after he was sent out not once but a second time but that second time before taking the face off it was finally acknowledged that he was not ok? I did not see any of the coaches even tending to him until the end…..or am I wrong? I know after the initial hit before he was sent back out I saw all coaches just watching the game and still coaching, did anyone even check him before he was sent back out? Or before attempting to send him out a second time? such a disappointment in coaching.

It doesn’t sound like anyone did. I don’t agree the team should be punished but the coach should certainly be reprimanded. What kind of example are we setting if we don’t hold adults (especially those that work with children) accountable for neglect and dangerous choices. These are children! Doesn’t matter if they are triple holdbacks or how obnoxious some of the dads are. It doesn’t really matter which team was responsible for the initial injury. The one thing we should all unanimously agree with is prioritizing safety of the kids.