Originally Posted by Anonymous
For sure there is a motive. Are the rosters accessible? Do the hawks coaches have the ability to pull rosters and check? Does anyone in the league stand up to that program?

In Hoco the roster check process is annoying (I believe $50 cash to the official before first whistle) and the vast majority of country club (or country club wanna be) club coaches consider roster checks "ungentlemanly" and won't do it, even when the players, parents, and coaches know there are violations with the other team. For instance, a 9th grade teacher in the stands for a 2028 game sees 2-3 of her (2027) students suiting up for the 2028 game.

If memory serves (disclaimer), only ML, VLC, and various True teams have been successfully roster checked (violations found) over the years the 2028s have been playing in Hoco. Everybody else operating on the fringe of the rule book has kind of skated by.

You get that $50 back if you're right:

PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
Any team rostering an ineligible player shall automatically forfeit each game in which the player participated
and/or appeared on the official roster. If a team uses a player under an assumed name, that team shall be
suspended from the league. Each game played with that player and all scheduled games not played shall be
forfeited to the opponents.
Protests as to the use of an ineligible player must be made within 48 hours of game time during the regular
season and within one hour of post-season play. A $50 protest fee is required. The protest must be submitted
in writing to the Conference Commissioner. The protest fee will be refunded if the protest is successful.

So this is actually an improvement over the last time I went through the system - eligible players had to be checked *at* beginning of game, no post-game protest of that issue, and instead of forfeiting, the team simply lost those players for the game. I guess they had enough of True teams bringing whoever they want to league games, year after year after year. I like this more strict current version, and the fact that you have 48 hours is nice.