Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks 28 oldest players start turning 12 in July. Summer holdbacks - they own it and play by the rules. All players have always been 28s in school - no re-classes, some played up on 27 in years past - they were always 28s in school. The team formed last August after try outs with lots of new players. They came into spring as underdogs given the previous 28 Hawks team did not play Elite in 2019 and they lost to Next Level in fall 2020 (with the exact same roster they have now). They played great lacrosse and won HOCO.

"Riding the coat tails of the goalie and the reclassed kids." and similar posts are ridiculous...sore lost?!

Sorry some of your kids are too dense to do normal school on their age. Do less drugs. Pill popping, overweight, mlm addicts aren't good parents clearly!

When our son was in preschool we made a decision to have him be a month old for his grade rather than two+ months younger than everyone. It makes a big difference, especially for boys who, generally, develop and mature physically and mentally later than girls. He's always been pretty alert and athletic, but we didn't know for sure if our kid was dense or not. We definitely weren't considering whether some stunad on an anonymous message board years later would call him "too dense to do normal school." It turns out he's actually a pretty great kid. I'm sorry if he's better at a game than your son. I like to think part of why he's a great kid and teammate is because we're pretty good parents. All of this must be hard for you and though I hope you will get over it, it doesn't seem likely. Good luck this summer.

Thanks, Mr. Mom.

You’re welcome, son.