Originally Posted by Anonymous
spoken by the cheating parent of a holdback .

Use college graduation rates coming out of private or public as the baseline measure of setting up the grade based league. That being said, just let public school kids play -1 grade if they want. My private hs school kid is playing the grade it says on his report card. My kid's team will just pick up a couple public school studs to make his team better than it already is, and let those 2 or 3 kids explain to coaches why they are playing in that league, instead of the other 20 kids that are playing exactly the grade their report card says, as authorized by the State having jurisdiction. Oh, you don't want to have to do that, well guess what, either do I, so go pound sand.

Can't wait to see the expression on the faces of wise asses like you when this all goes age. Its slowly but surely heading that way. Now with the new recruiting rules, and much tighter window to make decisions on players, coaches really need to make the right choice. Age classification will now become the rule. A good 17-18 year old rising college freshman has much more upside potential than a 20 yo. They are about as good as they're going to be. Coaches are starting to realize this, way to many double holdback recruiting busts out there. You only need to look at UVA and Hop to see how it's not panning out. Better get Jr a commitment as soon as you can... Otherwise those 16 years of private school will be all for not!

My kid just finished his first year, most of the Freshman were holdbacks and mostly cared about drinking beer and getting away from their overbearing parents. Most will not see much of the field. They are happy being one of the boyz. I see this ending soon. Just so dumb in every way for a person with even half a brain. Kind of like insider trading.