Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is everyone's kid looking to go to D1 on this site. All you hear is D1, D1, D1. Holy crap. How about sharing info that may help parents and players to educate themselves on certain topics or good D2 or D3 schools. You don't have to be ashamed to mention the others. Who cares as long as že kid plays lax in a good school that has academics that they are looking for, them that's all that should matter. They are not going anywhere after college with the sport anyway.

I will tell you why, egos...
I want my kids to pick at college that will fit them as a student and person, if they can play a sport, great, if not, well then they play intramurals or club. College years are the best years of your life and feeling like a sport is a "job" might be great for some, but I have to say, unless the kid is totally into it, they will hate it. And, there is no way any 9th grader out there really knows what playing a sport in college means. I feel really bad for the kids (parents) that are swept up in the "my only goal is to play D 1 lacrosse", I hope if works out, but I will bet more kids will have terrible experiences than not. sad really

Most HS upper classmen won't have a clue about what it means to play an NCAA sport, particulalry at the D1 level. Even if they've been told about what it involves, until they've lived it coupled with all of the other experiences that come with newly being in college, most really have zero clue. Just the intensity and competitiveness alone will be a shock to them!