Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your son FILLED in so the team could get a win. If they didn't have the players they should have forfeited! I personally don't care about holdbacks. When my son was in 7th grade he played in a HS tournament. He held his own. Certainly didn't dominate, but didn't get beat up either. I would never allow him to FILL in against younger kids.

If a team really can't fill out their roster I would much rather them bring other kids in even if the were a little older than have them forfeit. The point of youth athletics is to compete and get better not to "win" by forfeit. Usually teams that are short aren't very good anyway. It sounds like in this situation everyone benefited from the boy playing down by having a more competitive game rather than a blowout or a forfeit. I realize that some teams abuse any discretion by bringing in a bunch of older kids, blowing everyone out and then talking about how great they are but it doesn't sound like that is what happened here.

Cant disagree with your Logic. Its when it is abuse like anythign else it becomes the cancer. Play your skill level or slightly above and you get better. again keeping it competitive where anyone could win