Originally Posted by Anonymous
You couldn't be more wrong re: Prospect Days. It is true that they are a way to pay the asst coaches. However, many kids get discovered at prospect days that are not on a schools radar. I know 2 kids that got recruited because of a performance at prospect day's and these kids were not on the schools radar prior to the prospect day. A good performance at a prospect day is worth it's weight in gold.

Agree. It is a great way for the coaches to see kids they are interested in. Coaches often see a kid play at a tournament and invite the kid to a prospect day to see them in a different environment.

Whole different story if you are personally invited to a prospect day. That means you are already on their radar. It is a long shot, at a minimum, if you show up as a complete unknown.

love the reclassed kid who shows up a few weeks ago and keeps demolished. amybe reclass another year, heard it is the rage.

It's called Karma! I don't usually secretly wish that a kid falls on their [lacrosse]....but, in the case of the holdbacks, they are asking for it! Shame on the parents for putting their kid in this position. Clearly they think they are helping, setting up deals to ensure success. I love to hear the stories of where it backfires, it's on you Lax Dad for not playing by the rules! Triple holdback perhaps?