Originally Posted by Anonymous
Despite the uncanny ability of holdback complainers to hold on so tightly to a position, would any single one of their players get better at lacrosse if they went by birth-year-buddies system tomorrow? In spite of their own argument, a couple hold backs forced up would actually get better, their own kids' bracket would get diluted, and their own development would systematically slow down. Once diluted, younger better kids would move up from below, and they would quickly realize the really good kids one year behind are really freakin good too! What then? No playing up? Birth-year-buddies for life!

Once again you argue from the (weak) position that by playing down you are somehow doing the rest of us a favor and helping us get better. Ok then, following your logic, by playing down, against easier competition, aren't your kids then getting..worse? This dilution talk is just a red herring. It's not about any one single player getting better, it's about all players being compared to their actual peers, unless being compared to smaller, slower, weaker kids is the only way your kid can stand out.

#walkedrightintothatone

I said the hold backs would get better if they moved up.
#didntread
#youragendaornoagenda

Yes, everybody knows that, yet you do the opposite, sad. That's your only counterpoint?

Wanting a level playing field is not an agenda, I think most would agree it's a pretty reasonable expectation. The whole premise of sport is fair competition, not a difficult concept. You seek to subvert all of that and browbeat those who call you on it...now that's an agenda.

What's not fair about pairing talent in a private club based on skill, within an age range that closely emulates the hs experience? Seems fair to me, since you have to sign up for exactly what is being advertised. It is developmental and preparatory. What are you trying to accomplish, fair play based on birth year? Cool, go do that, it's called rec. I loved rec, played and coached rec for years, great building blocks, great memories. Why should that model follow a more advanced preparatory private league? You just want very expensive rec ball? You should start a very expensive rec league, free country.