Here's the problem, though. One thing to not like the rules, but another thing entirely to pretend that the parent of a kid that does pre-first at the age of 6 is gaming anything. Also not fair to assume that a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. grader is going to step up to the registration table and sign up for +1 grade above his own because one day, down the road, like in 6th/7th/8th grade when the competition starts getting more fierce, some whining parents are going to start screaming holdback, holdback, blah blah blah. In a grade based system, folks need to understand there are different school curriculums that need to meld together at some point. [/quote] I think for the most part people have no issue with the pre-first and early year grade school decisions parents have made, but when it's done in the 8th/9th grade and done for purely lacrosse reasons, and in this current grade based system, then I think I can point out the absurdity of it. A local 2019 kid, who was on the 8th grade honor roll and only plays lacrosse, a strong, but short and slow kid where the game is slowly passing him by, repeats 8th grade (at a private school, only to come back to the public school) and now takes the spot of someone on the 2020 travel team. I'm sorry, there is something inherently wrong with that and I'm not sure that decision is made if lacrosse was on an age based system. (My son is on the original 2019 team so was not affected, but I can't help but roll my eyes.) [/quote]

Any reasonable person would agree with you on that example.