Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Boo hoo, sorry your kid can't make any of the listed teams. You have no idea what you are talking about and if you think for one minute the lesser performing 2020 teams do not have holdbacks, you are kidding yourself. Plus, you want these teams to list on a public form the DOB of kids, you are really out of your mind. No one really cares who you do and don't take seriously. You need to spend your time on something that will help you kid get better, not crying over this stuff.

I don't live in MD and I can assure you if I did - I wouldn't reclass my kids multiple times in order to gain an advantage on the lacrosse field. I know that's how you Baltimore folks roll.....

Most people are misinformed about this hold back argument. Private schools across the country are evolving and almost universally adopting a pre-first option curriculum. This leads to many lateral transfers for those that go from public to private eventually. This is education evolving (or at least private, not so much with the government public). 95% of the decisions related to this stuff are based on providing a better education for their kids. Yes, in youth sports this leads to an age gap in grade based leagues. No, it doesn't mean that every elementary school or middle school parent out there is on some nefarious plot to game a system. Most of the HS leagues that play against each other have similar curriculums, so not much debate goes on within HS leagues. Club HS leagues are never going to go to age, because age has no bearing in HS (except for cap in most leagues) and no bearing in College, grade does. Colleges don't care, or would see it as a plus for prospects to have an extra year of school, so never going to get pressure from that end. Varsity HS and College life is competitive, as life is competitive, not all in life is fair, and quite frankly, by the time you hit 18-19, you either have the skill to move on, or don't. So what are we left with - youth debate over age vs. grade. Now that club has turned into expensive recreation ball, give people a choice with two leagues, age and grade. Helicopter parents just want their kid to win, so set up a huge age-based league for the majority of the clubs to play, and keep a smaller middle school/high school grade-based league for strong developmental HS preparation clubs/teams. Heck, give the age-based kids two classes per birthday year, to head off the next argument that late birthday kids are getting an advantage, 6 month spreads, instead of 12. Then we can go back to arguing every time a B team wins the 'ship, how they should have been A. Those were the days.

Hey, the 1980s called, and soccer, hockey, and baseball want their old governing system rules back . . .