Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny how the dads of avg club players on avg club teams are still whining about holdbacks when most of the kids on the clubs mentioned above played varsity as freshman (against much older players) and are committed to top schools..

My son is on a top team and played varsity, and I am (as is he) still sick of hold backs who need to be older just to compete. Worse still are parents of hold backs who think their son will actually play in college, who think being recruited is the end. It is just a beginning. Without the age benefit, your average hold back will not see the field.

The end game is recruiting, not playing time. Playing time is great, but if your son gets into a great school because of lacrosse and never plays a minute that's fine. Remember pro lacrosse pays enough to gas up the car.

Ok, if that's what you want for your kid. I don't know why one shouldn't be trying to get a great education and actually play. Those are people who are special and will be successful in life.

Best quote ever! These people are so desperate to say their kid went D1 they'll do anything. Son was recently at a committed camp, friend's roommate was already 20. Held back and PG'd to get into a top 30-35 D1 Lax school with a good academic ranking. Another kid already had a receding hairline. Have no idea how old he was. I just don't get it. Could have gone on age and probably made a great D3 team with a great academic rating. The kid would be graduating in two years and probably have played a lot. Now the kid will probably be 25 before he hits the real world. If god forbid he gets hurt, then he redshirts and graduates at 26? To what end? What did you win? What did the kid win? At 26 you should be looking to advance in your career, start a business, buy a house, finish grad school. What are these people thinking?

They are thinking how nice it will be to say at cocktail parties that Ashton has committed to play lacrosse at Marist, need to justify 14 years of private school tuition somehow.