Originally Posted by Anonymous
What's not fair about pairing talent in a private club based on skill, within an age range that closely emulates the hs experience? Seems fair to me, since you have to sign up for exactly what is being advertised. It is developmental and preparatory. What are you trying to accomplish, fair play based on birth year? Cool, go do that, it's called rec. I loved rec, played and coached rec for years, great building blocks, great memories. Why should that model follow a more advanced preparatory private league? You just want very expensive rec ball? You should start a very expensive rec league, free country.

So holdbacks play down because that's the appropriate talent level for them? Ok, I'm good with that. Supports what we've been saying all along, Talented players play up, other kids have to find another way to look talented.

Club is not about emulating the HS experience. You don't see upper classmen playing on JV teams...not allowed.

It's about developing advanced skills, strong competition, and providing a vehicle for kids to be evaluated and recruited. Holdbacks don't want competition, they want to 'look' good. Part of the recruiting evaluation is physical maturity, Holdbacks gaming the system there.

#nolegtostandon[/quote]

Wait, my kid's school recommended he do prefirst, it's actually part of the curriculum, unless you get permission to skip (he was 6, hadn't started lacrosse yet). He's in 4th grade now. Should he sign up for 5th grade lacrosse? They didn't ask age, there was a grade box to fill in? Pretty sure like 90% of the kids at tryouts were private school kids, many are from his school, they are all in his grade. All of his 4th grade classmates seem to be signing up for 4th grade for some reason. Can you help, this is so confusing.

[/quote]

Your condescending tone and sarcastic approach are consistent with the holdback/double holdback parent. Another 20 year old freshman in the making.