Originally Posted by Anonymous
Folks I can tell you first hand what it feels like to be a late bloomer and being passed over for size at this age. 9th and 10th grade so many boys grew and became men and I still was a boy. Coaches will always tell me if i only had size. They knew i had better skill and had the determination but lack of the puberty thing did hurt. I was 5'5" 125lbs. Going up against the bigger physically mature kids was a major challenge. Most of these boys stop growing at this time. I knew i had to start lifting and come into my own. By my senior year was only 5"7" 155 but was gaining confidence. So all the spots were taking by colleges, and i still wasnt getting looks. When i graduated i lifted hard started filling out and then surpassed many guys. Walked on a div 1 school the next year as a sophmore 5'9" 185 and was killing people. And became a starter and did many great things on the field. Tell your boys do not give up. But unfortunately for this sport the early bloomer gets the worm. I dont like to see kids fail but many late bloomers will be surpassed. My 2019 is just like me and it sucks. But i tell him to keep working hit the gym and good things will come with hard work. Good luck to all hope this helps someone.

Great post Rudy! What a phony.