Originally Posted by Anonymous
I will say again.. the only people complaining about hold backs are the parents of Soft, small avg players.. Bootom line... if you are going to ban anyone make it the lousy teams.. who doesn't welcome big physical talented teams to compete against?? The boys are in Highshool bring on Edge 2018!!! We could all use the reps to make it easier to transition to High school ball in the Spring.

People who say "man up, be tough" are they same people who have positioned their kids to do the exact opposite, which is what makes the rest of us shake our heads in disbelief. The disconnect between what you say and what you do is comical.

"They are in High School now..." is a red herring argument frequently used by holdback advocates. Nobody gets recruited from High School, kids are evaluated and selected based on their performance at recruiting tournaments and showcases. In that setting a 15-year old 2019 is still at a disadvantage against a 17-year old 2019. The ones who are getting the most benefit are the ones who were just average against their peers but now look very impressive against younger smaller competition.

On the HS field *most* freshmen and sophomores are playing JV, the ones who don't truly are playing up but they know what they are getting themselves into. For the select few who have the skills and size, playing against older kids helps, but I'm pretty sure those kids would do fine anyway, after all, if I look good playing agains older kids, I'll look great playing against my peers...does anyone disagree with that?