Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are double holdbacks - I talked to a dad who said his son is turning 16 a week or so. Very nice guy, offered it up during our conversation. It has an impact but there's nothing you can do about it given the system.

Many people, if not most, have no respect for the Edge program, All of their players are older at every level, its just the way it is. But... to have 2018's playing on a 2018 hockey team but playing on a 2020 lacrosse team is absolutely wrong and is cheating and gaming the system way over the top.

Also, most are tiered of hearing that is the way their school system is and that is way blah blah blah. Then how come these 2018's play on a 2018 hockey team but on a 2020 lacrosse team. Simple, because they are way older than most 2020 lacrosse players.
I saw Edge play Looney's last fall in a tournament in Bel Air, Md. and it was the most disgusting game I have ever seen in youth lacrosse. Edge players much older and bigger and all they were trying to do was physically injure the other teams players. There were so many penalties against Edge I lost count. The refs called the game with about 3 or 4 minutes left, that's how bad it was. Bright spot, Looney's beat these thugs 9 or 10 to 1.

crabs, crush, FCA, laxachucettes, edge, Looneys are top teams who have them. Many others do as well, but are not top teams so nobody cares. Not sure what anybody's point here is. Sounds like someone is making excuses because johnny can't compete. Stop your whining if you are on age, if you are lucky you will make it to college and probably have a 20 yr old roommate
. True, those clubs mentioned, other than Crabs, have a few holdbacks but not to the extent of Crabs, with a majority of their roster with holdbacks and double holdbacks. Edge is even worse. The point is, since you can't seem to grasp it is most are sick of the holdbacks. No one is whining but you. You seem to have a problem with on age kids, which leaves me to believe you have a holdback or double holdback. Pathetic. As for Edge, who gives a ratsa*s about their school system. 2018's shouldn't be playing 2020 lacrosse. If Edge wants to play in the US tournaments, 2018 year olds from Edge play in that age group, regardless of their graduation year. If not, stay the [lacrosse] in Canada and play each other. Now Mr whinner, what do you think?