Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is a 2020 and last summer it was totally crazy how many coaches were on the sidelines, this summer a few here and there. Any my son is on a team that is playing at all the top events. Has there been any coaches on the 2021 sidelines? I am super happy about the fact that is does look like the coaches are following the new rules. I have to also say, I have noticed plenty of 2029 "commits" having less than stellar summers. Looks like the pressure may be getting to some of them, IMO air looks like they are trying to do too much. Also, some of the "commits" that are older have now lost their edge and are really struggling. Just my observation, anyone else have input?

Was at a very prominent showcase earlier this summer with my 2020. Game before was 2018/2019 teams with 20+ coaches watching. When that was over and the 2020/2021 game was starting I'd say all but 2-3 coaches picked up their chairs and went elsewhere. Not scientific, but happened for each subsequent game that day. They were marginally interested in 2020s, not interested at all in 2021s and very clearly focused on 2018-2019s. I think a lot of parents realize this which is why there is less demand for prospect days and showcases for the younger kids. A showcase for freshman that a year ago sold out in 2 weeks is now only 40% full weeks after registration was opened. Coaches have changed their behavior and the market is reacting.

I completely agree. We had the exact same experience observing college coach attendance for 2020 (perhaps were at the same tournament) and have personally been very conservative this year about signing up for prospect days. Waiting to focus on next year.

yep!