Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are double holdbacks - I talked to a dad who said his son is turning 16 a week or so. Very nice guy, offered it up during our conversation. It has an impact but there's nothing you can do about it given the system.

Many people, if not most, have no respect for the Edge program, All of their players are older at every level, its just the way it is. But... to have 2018's playing on a 2018 hockey team but playing on a 2020 lacrosse team is absolutely wrong and is cheating and gaming the system way over the top.

Also, most are tiered of hearing that is the way their school system is and that is way blah blah blah. Then how come these 2018's play on a 2018 hockey team but on a 2020 lacrosse team. Simple, because they are way older than most 2020 lacrosse players.
I saw Edge play Looney's last fall in a tournament in Bel Air, Md. and it was the most disgusting game I have ever seen in youth lacrosse. Edge players much older and bigger and all they were trying to do was physically injure the other teams players. There were so many penalties against Edge I lost count. The refs called the game with about 3 or 4 minutes left, that's how bad it was. Bright spot, Looney's beat these thugs 9 or 10 to 1.

The entire Edge team is born in 2001. Our whole team will have turned 15 by December 31st. The team reclassed after playing tournaments against 2019 teams who were a year or two older then them. Why do parents keep saying their kids are born in 2002. It's extremely obvious the difference between a 2001 and 2002 born player.

As for the Looneys game ONE YEAR AGO. I agree that it was a disgrace as the kids were beating up on the THEN more skilled Looneys team. If you have watched our team this fall you would know that it is way different. Our Edge team can beat any team in the country, including 89+2. We lost by one while missing one of our Hopkins middies, a top pole, and two of our three starting attack with injuries and hockey. Let's see what happens next weekend in Long Island😀

As for that Looney's game...at the time it only confirmed what many of us had seen firsthand, thuggish play and headhunting leaving a trail of injuries behind, topped off by crude parents...eh. Unfortunately that is your organization's "brand" down here now, a lot of rebuilding to do there since everyone has heard about "that team from Canada".
was at the game the player involved no longer plays for Edge. The irony here is the Looney's get to that type of play again Sunday when they face Hardcor who will quickly make all those offended forget abot Edge

I was also at that game a year ago and it was more than one player playing out of control and getting called for illegal hits etc. It's a shame edge played like this. I have not seen them since last year and I sincerely hope then have changed how they play. Being 2020's all of the kids on every team needs to realize that most all of their games this fall and next year will be recruiting/showcase and have college coaches watching. Believe me, coaches don't want to see this and if they do, kids who play like that are quickly overlooked. It is up to the 2020 club coaches to keep reminding their players of this and to just have them go out and have a good/solid game to get positive attention. Playing like a goon will quickly get you much negative attention.

The kid youre talking about is now committed to a top school