To the poster above who said we should stop crying about holdbacks and worry about getting our sons recruited - some thoughts for you:

The issue of reclassification is bigger than your son or my son getting recruited. The uneven playing field that is created in youth lacrosse by not being age based is damaging the integrity of the game. Having 16 year old 8th graders play against pre-pubescent 13 year olds does nothing but help keep this sport in the category of a rich kid's hobby. It needs to be changed and US Lacrosse has provided the guidelines on how they are going to address it. We will see what happens.

It's great that your son has a verbal commitment. I mean that sincerely. It's a real accomplishment in this crazy new world - particularly if he is on age. Please understand that until he signs his letter of intent it is meaningless. Your kid has a slot reserved for him on a team 4 years from now. Injury, social media mistakes, academics, coaching changes all can burn the dream down in a hurry. DONT count your chickens.

I have 4 kids - 1 played D1 lacrosse, another played D3. One has a National Championship ring. The other two are under 10 and play for competitive club teams. Youth lacrosse now is a shadow of itself and it is largely because of early recruiting and reclassification run amok.