Originally Posted by Anonymous

Wrong

Holdback parents always want people to forget their kid has been cheating the system. If your holdback plays on a "varsity" division travel team, I agree holdback status does not matter. But if you want to play as a 2020, the cheating still matters. Still getting an advantage.

Varsity travel team, are you even talking about lacrosse? Enough with the f'ing hold back BS argument, and this is coming from a parent of a kid that played up a year through middle school for my own convenience. Seriously shut the f up. These kids are going to be running their own lives soon. Stop f'ing whining in front of them.

Sorry the argument is inconvenient for you. A 14 yr old is not running his life any time soon. Perhaps your 16 yr old freshman is ready to leave the house to get away from you.

Whining adults cause whining kids, just what the world needs more of..

Correct. The holdback parents should stop whining. The posts above attempting to silence the argument is little more than the typist putting their fingers in their ears, stomping their feet, and saying "na na na na I can't hear you." Silencing the opposition is what passes for discourse these days. The practice of holding kids back has hurt the game. Is there really any dispute with that? If you have a holdback in high school now, you will not hear much complaining during school ball, but people know who has gamed the system. They will always be looked at with a jaded eye. [/quote]

Here's the problem, though. One thing to not like the rules, but another thing entirely to pretend that the parent of a kid that does pre-first at the age of 6 is gaming anything. Also not fair to assume that a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. grader is going to step up to the registration table and sign up for +1 grade above his own because one day, down the road, like in 6th/7th/8th grade when the competition starts getting more fierce, some whining parents are going to start screaming holdback, holdback, blah blah blah. In a grade based system, folks need to understand there are different school curriculums that need to meld together at some point.