Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ty drops new commit for 20s. D to Penn State. Flood gates opening for Fall Ball? Things drying up?
Another Penn State commit from the Rising Sons

The only Penn State players on the roster not reclassed are from LI, 20 yr old Freshman? 24 years old and still in college? Seems like this is the D1 norm

looked at PSU roster. first one is soph from PA born april 97. Normal age for soph. Not going beyond that for research but your post is a generalization that doesn't mean much.

HS True 2021 – 2003 birth year
HS True 2020 – 2002 birth year
HS True 2019 – 2001 birth year
HS True 2018 – 2000 birth year
HS True 2017 – 1999 birth year
HS True 2016 – 1998 birth year (most recent grads, incoming coming college freshmen)

Now, if you go an look at the Syracuse roster, you will see some freshmen and RF's with '95, '96, '97 birthdates.

1995! Really? Culver Academy and Avon Old Farms? 20-21 Year old freshman! Oh, and there's an IMG Academy grad (born in canada) without bio...who knows when he was born. Someone please tell me RF is not 'redshirt freshman' and I did a wrong stat.

2016-17 Syracuse Freshman Stats:

2-3 '95s
5 '96s
3 '97s
10 '98s
0 '99s or single year holdback or reclass
0 '98s or True Grad for incoming freshman

That's the state of the sport folks! 2-5 yrs offset. The single year holdback or 'reclass' as some like to call it is history.

Get good grades and enjoy life!

You cannot use a calendar year to indicate on grade - most school systems have cutoff dates anywhere from Sep to Dec. My son has Dec 2002 DOB and is appropriately an on age 2021. Otherwise, I agree that the holdback/reclass trend is rediculous.

Sure you could, you're that good play up. You can go year, but you late 4th qtr babies would whine. Challenge your kids