I am a parent of an FCA player. You may compare FCA and Crabs, but to me, the clubs are very different. You mention a business model. Crabs are "for profit" & FCA is "not for profit". The fees paid for FCA go directly to fund club activities. My son plays for FCA (and has for some time) because of what FCA provides that is different from other clubs. They have a competitive team, playing (in our opinion) the right amount of games. They give players opportunities to grow mentally, physically & spiritually. Weekend retreats, weekly HS bible studies (the "C" in FCA), community service projects, recruiting seminars, and mentoring are all part of the experience. Does the 2020 Blue team have hold backs? yes, a few, but not as many as you think. Do they have players with late summer birthdays that attended pre-first or delayed kindergarten? yes, a few, but many of these boys have played on older teams most of time.

You can compare the two clubs if all of the above happen. I am not sure it does though

Crabs Lacrosse is also a "not for profit" club. However, their tournaments, which are organized by none other than king crab himself, Ryan McClernan is a "for profit" and is run separate than the teams. He has made a bundle of money over the years on tournaments.
The business model referred to above is how Crabs seeks out holdbacks to bring into their organization/teams and it appears to many that FCA is taking this same path, for several of their teams.
Again, everyone realizes all clubs have a few holdbacks, but when you see a team making attempts to build a team of holdbacks, that takes on a different look and feel.