Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's a ridiculous claim to make that any child that has not even finished 1 semester of high school is in the top two percent of academics. Explain to me how that is measured. Tell me how - a standardized placement test? If that's the case we can do away with the SATs, ACTs, etc. - let's go straight to Princeton.

Are you kidding. If you have ever been around or have a child that is gifted teachers know. There are programs like STEM that my 11th grader was fast tracked for in 5th grade. Also there are programs and school for kids of exceptional intelligence. These kids are among us and actually are fully capable of blending in without others know. Unlike many parents of kids who are athletes these parents arent decked out in gear screaming that their child is off the charts smart.

Here is some info about LISG where my kid went when at a young age he was well beyond his peers when it came to schooling.

The Long Island School for the Gifted (LISG), located in South Huntington, New [lacrosse], is a unique and exciting school for grades Pre-K - 9. We are a community dedicated to providing an outstanding education for academically gifted children where they are nurtured and treasured.