Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a 2021 who plays on decent B club, and is not even on the top middie line. He filled in on a 2022 A team last year and looked like Paul Rabil - I was under no illusion of his abilities and, in fact, I was embarrassed that I let him fill in. That is what holdbacks are doing the sport and, and even worse their parents are encouraging and defending the practice.

True dat

If you are against holdbacks why did you let him play? You take a stand against something and then you do it? Hmmmm, you're lying!!

I let him play because the team was having a hard time getting enough players to play that day, and considering his talent, I didn't think he would be THAT much better, if at all, than the younger A players. To be clear, I am against the premise of holdbacks playing regularly for nominally younger teams. My son is not a holdback, and it was one game, and I didn't let him do it again, even though he was asked to a couple more times. Not even close to the same thing as having your son play day-in-day-out with younger kids. See the difference?

No, take a stand, don't let him play down at all. You now let other parents see the advantage of holdback because your son dominated the game. See the point!!

Did you miss where I said I wouldn't let him do it again??