I have been going to enough YOUTH sports games/tournaments over the last couple of years. This is what I have learned.. 95% of the top lax players on the top lax teams were all born in the year 2005.fact!! Yet, must play football/soccer/hockey/wrestling with kids there own age.(kids born in 2005) making it an even, much more fair playing field.(translation- those same boys are usually good but not the best.) Why Does Lacrosse allow this in a youth sport!!! At this age 1-Yr makes a huge difference!! To have these older boys take spots away from kids the correct age in the correct grade is completely unfair and in some cases unsafe. And now lax is throwing in the reclassification situations.Its insane when you think about the possibilities of having your on age son matching up with what could be a boy 2+yrs older. then him. Its disgusting to think that the parents of these older boys feel it is ok???
This is a great game with some great boys and families. But this rush to have your son in reality I don't care about grade -play down and be the best on field is becoming an epidemic.