Originally Posted by Anonymous
Try putting weak players at Def... Then you will see how good your goalie is.. Each position on the field has attributes that will draw certain players to it. The only thing I will concede is that your middies need the most endurance of the positions.

Weaker skilled kids don’t mean they are weak defenders. Try to stay up here. They are weaker on the Lacrosse skills of passing, catching, off hand, shooting, dodging and IQ. That doesn’t mean they can’t be strong defenders. Those skills just aren’t that important for defenseman.

I've see more than a few players who were heads and shoulders the most talented and skilled player on the field at ANY position, and then decide to take up a a pole and be a defenseman.

You are lying, or you don't have a clue of what you are looking at when you watch a lacrosse game. That has NEVER happened. I'm done beating the dead horse. If you want to refuse to acknowledge reality, that's completely up to you. Maybe your fantasy world is a better place for you. The reality is, your son will likely always be a defenseman, if he chooses to continue playing this sport. There is no shame at all in playing defense. They are extremely valuable contributors to every team. But stop bashing the people that play attack, which is what sparked this whole tirade. Your pole aint never going to play attack. You know why?? he aint good enough!! Get use to it.

You can deny it all you want, but I don't need to make it up. In the most prominent case, it was a kid who was starting at attack or middie on a U- national team, and he switched to pole mid-season. And for the record, my sons are both middies. But, please continue to act like a sanctimonious [lacrosse].

If a midi got moved to defense it is because he was a D midi and had no offensive ability. And the team was really hurting for defenseman. If you haven’t played the game, you haven’t a clue of what you are talking about. So listen to the people that know and zip it.