Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is Express A using 2023's for 2024 games like the rest of the grades?? How many holdbacks on that team? They all seemed big for 11 year olds.

They aren’t big. Your kid is just a (lacrosse). I’m sure they have a few 05 birthdays. As does all the other top teams.

Do you all hear yourselves??? All these arguments on here, and on the fields are All based off the fact that all teams are in question of playing older boys to get a win.
The definition of insane, is to keep doing the same things over and over with the same result. So Stop! Make it easy on ourselves.Let's Put together roster's (every club team has one)with birth certificates. Last I checked all the boys received one. Hand your rosters in at tournaments. I will tell you from a parents perspective it will make me feel more comfortable with opposing team parents.From a coaching standpoint I get a better gage on the performance of my players.

While I am an advocate for age-based youth lax for pre-HS players, the current 'rules' are grade-based. Collecting birth certificates is meaningless in that landscape - you'd be better off collecting some type of certification from a school as to what grade the player was currently enrolled under, but those would be even less consistent in standards than BCs are! The answer to this whole thing is to move to age-based play, and then BCs are what governs level of play! USL has only option to force this, and that is via their insurance - the question is whether they will go with this nuclear option.

From your lips to USL's ears. There are so many parents that agree with you.