Originally Posted by Anonymous

Lets get real.If someone is throwing around ages, Most of those boys on Express A and all the GC and Manhasset boys are already 12.

UM--- Hello.. do the math-- the ACCURATE age for a 2024 is in fact 10-11.... NO ONE was "throwing around ages," perhaps read the comment--
there was no reference to age discrepancy... simply that people meaning parents... do a ton of "talking" on here more so than the 10-11year old players... that's all.....[/quote]

Thank you for the clarification. Fact of the matter here, and it is everywhere, some kids are 12 on just about every team out there. Social reasons. Learning reasons. Who knows. I would guess 99% of 2024 'holdbacks" are NOT "holdbacks" for lacrosse reasons. And are generally not the best kids on the team. Move on, please. Once you get to the high school years, then complain about holdbacks for lacrosse reasons. Until USA Lacrosse goes strictly to age cutoffs, then its a circular argument. My son is a 2024, and has two older brothers in high school. Trust me, worry about it come high school.[/quote]

By HS, the holdback argument is pretty much gone - most boys have hit puberty, and they have to play against varying aged kids in both JV and Varsity. Holdback arguments ONLY apply to pre-HS ages, so for 6th graders it is an appropriate discussion. The worst grades for where holdbacks have the most impact are 7th & 8th.