Originally Posted by Anonymous
most kids enjoy playing for their towns with their friends good or bad. I know my son does, he is a good player and there are a few very good and a few good players on his town team. they all enjoy playing together every sunday in the spring and practicing near home.. maybe it is the no pressure or maybe they just flat out enjoy playing one game on a sunday morning and representing their town. Dont give up on PAL so soon, its thriving in many towns at many age groups.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
most kids enjoy playing for their towns with their friends good or bad. I know my son does, he is a good player and there are a few very good and a few good players on his town team. they all enjoy playing together every sunday in the spring and practicing near home.. maybe it is the no pressure or maybe they just flat out enjoy playing one game on a sunday morning and representing their town. Dont give up on PAL so soon, its thriving in many towns at many age groups.

I agree. I'm familiar with several 2024 town teams and while there are some town teams that have a hard time fielding a team, for a variety of reasons, the vast majority of the teams are thriving and all of their travel kids participate. Based on this thread, both Suffolk and Nassau appear to have many teams that are thriving.

So, are town teams relevant? We all know that travel is the key to real player growth and opportunities, but I say that town teams are still relent. These are the HS teams of tomorrow.