Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Every top team (Taz, 91MD, Bethesda) has at least one defender that is the same size as Madlax's middie. If the Madlax middie played D, nobody would say a word. When he dominates in the offensive zone, everyone starts hating on him claiming he has an unfair size advantage. If you ever get the opportunity to hang out with Myles Jones, he will tell you similar stories. When Myles (like Paul Rabil) switched from basketball to lacrosse, his coaches gave him a long pole and told him he couldn't play offense. For the sake of the game, I am glad he proved them wrong. When youth coaches take all the little kids and give them short sticks, and give all the big kids long poles. They are robbing the game of some of the best offensive players.
wow . He is a good player , let's not get crazy .

Listen up jealous, big-kid dad. You obviously never played lacrosse. Let me tell you how lacrosse works, as a 15 year youth coach and former D1 player. The best players play attack. The good players play midfield. The least best (worst) players play defense. Size doesn't have much to do with it. There are plenty of big attackman out there, in case you haven't been paying attention. News flash: Your kid just aint good!!!

That may be the most misguided post I have ever read. Here comes the typical name calling, lax resume, or well worded, long winded (I am smart) respose. Brace for it. Lol.

I am smart. You, not so much. Try spell check next time.

Thanks lol. Bait taken...

Your welcome.

So, the smallest kids, (which usually are the coaches sons) for the most part play which position???
While the larger kids can play anywhere on the field..
Size and athleticism has everything to do with it. You can't teach those attributes but you can teach stick skills and IQ.
If size didn't matter why would the smallest kids all be huddled at attack??