Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every top team (Taz, 91MD, Bethesda) has at least one defender that is the same size as Madlax's middie. If the Madlax middie played D, nobody would say a word. When he dominates in the offensive zone, everyone starts hating on him claiming he has an unfair size advantage. If you ever get the opportunity to hang out with Myles Jones, he will tell you similar stories. When Myles (like Paul Rabil) switched from basketball to lacrosse, his coaches gave him a long pole and told him he couldn't play offense. For the sake of the game, I am glad he proved them wrong. When youth coaches take all the little kids and give them short sticks, and give all the big kids long poles. They are robbing the game of some of the best offensive players.
wow . He is a good player , let's not get crazy .

Listen up jealous, big-kid dad. You obviously never played lacrosse. Let me tell you how lacrosse works, as a 15 year youth coach and former D1 player. The best players play attack. The good players play midfield. The least best (worst) players play defense. Size doesn't have much to do with it. There are plenty of big attackman out there, in case you haven't been paying attention. News flash: Your kid just aint good!!!

Sounds like you been coaching 15 yrs too long, attack is where you hide your weakest players, middies are the true work horses of the team and defense combined with solid middies wins games. Any knowledgable d1 coach or player will tell you the same

I am a knowledgeable coach and former D1 player, and I am not telling you that. You are an ignorant dad who never played the game. You know nothing except what some other dad told you, who is in your same position.

LISTEN UP!!! You really think that High Schools teams are hiding players on attack?? You think college teams are hiding players on attack?? You think top level youth teams are hiding people at attack??

Players that need to be hidden don't play!!!

You obviously talked to a youth town coach for a team that was either VERY young or VERY bad. On such teams, yes, you can hide people at attack. However, once you get past that early youth stage, the most skilled, best offensive players get moved to attack. Why? If these are your best scorers and play makers, you want to keep them in a place where they can do you the most good for the team. It's common sense. You want your best players on the field at all times. If your best players are playing midfield, then a good majority of the time, they are NOT EVEN ON THE FIELD, or they are playing defense or in transition... NOT in a position where they can do the most good for the team... in the offensive zone, scoring.

if you don't know anything about the subject matter, keep your mouth shut!

When the ball is in transition or in the defensive end, tell me again exactly how the attack are scoring or doing anything thereto?

Are you REALLY as dumb as you sound??

You are a clueless lax daddy who never played the sport, and likely never played any sport because most of this is basic, common sense. You need to stop typing. Read. And learn. Educate yourself on the subject matter, or stop posting moronic posts.