Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a person that has also been through this entire process I can tell you that as a rule, not much changes between now and 12th grade. The A players in 5th grade are the A players in 12th grade. Same for B players. Are there exceptions to that? Absolutely. But that is the exception. Not the rule. From my experience, this scenario is accurate over 90% of the time.

As a person who has had three boys play lacrosse, the first in the class of 2010 and the last in 2024, I can tell you that you are absolutely WRONG. While some "A" players will remain "A" players, many things will change in the next 5 years as the boys reach puberty. many players will stop playing. Players that were considered "A" or "C" players will mature and become dominant athletes and there will be some boys that don't even start playing lax until 7th, 8th or 9th grade that will pass many players and be the "A" players in years to come. Anyone that pigeon-holes a kid at 10 or 11 years old and thinks that he has hit his prime already has no clue what they are talking about.