Originally Posted by Anonymous
If my kid is a 2024 and playing against 2023s, I'm okay with that. Makes him tougher. Too many participation trophies these days. None of these kids will remember who they played in 6th grade anyway, unless they get cut and don't make varsity! "Coach, how come I don't start varsity?! I was on the team that beat Taz in 6th grade!" Oh that's right, no one cares. Instead, tell Jr to make sure he can throw/catch/shoot with both hands, defend someone bigger and faster than him, and pick up a ground ball without falling over. Enjoy watching him play, maybe even have him play a fall and winter sport, and remind him that the MLL pays $750/game so paying attention in school actually matters. And all of you "never-was" dads just enjoy the fact that having a kid gives you purpose, but you cannot live through them (or they'll be a never was like you).

What do you do when you are the parent of a hold back, which sounds like you are, and your son can't do much? You tell everyone how awesome he is and he throws the ball away constantly. Do you parlay it and possibly make him a double hold back? Something to think about