Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I’m confused, who are the A teams on LI?

Depends on who you ask - if you ask the AA teams, then they'r it - everyone else is "B"! If you asked realistic, unbiased people, those who actually get what it means to run, coach and assess youth sports, you're probably going to get a list of about 8 - 9 teams. And that's the same general problem with every on LI. The lax mafia thinks they have some super select private club . . . [/quote]

It’s ridiculous to say there are 2 A teams and everyone else is B. It’s like saying if your not top 25 in NCAA then your not Div. 1. Who thinks like that? There are more like 20 A teams. If you want to be this super elite team and everyone else is a B team in your eyes, go play 2023 teams.
[/quote]

Yup, but that's the exact assessment for EVERY age of lax on LI - the AA teams (which nobody disputes are deserving of being called elite) say that they, and then maybe, IF they're feeling gracious, they'll throw in the next 2 - 3 non-AA teams, as comprising all that is A - everyone else is B. The lax mafia does not think that LI (of all places!) has any more than 5 A teams at AT ANY AGE GROUP! You can see this on every age board on BOTC - it's absolutely the dumbest approach to youth sports I've ever seen.[/quote]

Just because your kid plays on one of the 25 club teams on LI doesn't make them an "A" team. Most of the B or C teams do at least one away tourney. Ask yourself, how did your LI "A" team fare against out of area or state competition? I would bet they won some games and lost plenty too. They definitely didn't roll. which proves either everyone is an A team on LI and everywhere else or Johnny is on a B team.

[/quote]
Now we have C teams too? Jeez. So there is AA, A, B and C? You guys should just make A and B and number rank them. Then you can all cast votes each week as to each teams rank. Do a top 25 list.