Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is S2S still looking for players?

no, team is set but bottom end of roster not ready for travel.

And by "bottom end" how many are you referring to? Where is their roster posted that you know this? Should we just count this new team out before they get started with training and practice??? Or are they not ready for that either?

Since they are a new club for the other grades they are taking anybody who went to tryouts. There were no legit evaluations. They needed to fill the roster.

There are some real solid kids on the team but yes, they needed to fill the bottom of the roster too

Not sure if the "solid kids" will be able to balance off the bottom half of this team. We opted to stay with another team after we heard a few kids that my son plays with on PAL were going there. They are good kids and so are the parents but for the price I'm not going to pay for my son to play with kids that are not good at catching or throwing. I wish them the best of luck in their first season.

I think they try to build a core, get some recognition and next year upgrade. The first year is always the toughest. Went through this with my oldest son and his team. The core will stay and the "bottom end" will be on another team next season. Some of these kids filling the rosters will be in over their head but that is where coaching comes in to play. You can't have kids out there in tight games that can't catch. The "bottom end" kids will practice and get better and appreciate the opportunity to play with kids that have more skill as they improve throughout the season. When we went through this the parents were told that their kids should be playing wall ball and practicing more. Some kids did and improved and began to contribute to the team. When it works out it's nice to see a kid that puts in the effort get better and stay on a team.